County Executive Committee Meeting – Thursday, May 25th 2023
– Zoom opens at 6:00pm
– Meeting begins at 6:30pm
– This meeting is for Wake County Democratic Party CEC members ONLY.
CEC Members will receive an RSVP and credential notice though their preferred opt-in method.
Please opt-in to receiving official notices through email to help Wake Dems save money and trees.
If you do not opt-in to email notices, you will receive a postcard at the address we have on file.
All Wake County CEC members are asked to attend this meeting to discuss and vote on important business for WCDP. CEC stands for County Executive Committee. The CEC is the governing body for the county Democratic Party.
Who’s on the CEC?
The CEC is comprised of
– Chairs and Vice Chairs of each of the organized precincts in the district
– Elected members of the county’s Executive Council
– Representatives of the county chapters of state-wide auxiliaries
– Members of the county’s delegation to the State Executive Committee
– Officers of Congressional District executive committees (residing in the district)
– The county party attorney (if the county has one and they live in the district)
Pre-registration is REQUIRED
– Must be completed by 6pm Wednesday, May 24
– There will be no exceptions
– If you are a CEC member but cannot attend, please send a proxy
Not sure if you’re registered? Check here.
How Can I Attend?
– Complete the Pre-Credentialing / RSVP Form no later than 6pm on May 24.
Who Fills Out the Form?
– Voting Members of the CEC
– Member Proxies
May 25, 2023
– Vote on CD2 Representative Replacements
– Vote on Board of Election Member Nominations
– Updates on Precinct Splits & Municipal Elections
– Updates to the WCDP Plan of Organization, 2.03
– Conduct Other Business- Dates & Announcements
Special rules are chosen on a meeting-by-meeting basis and proposed in the linked document. The CEC will discuss and adopt the rules as they see fit for use during the meeting.